Come visit our NE Alberta 7 bbl brewpub at:
2204 NE Alberta St. #101 Portland, OR 97211
Please enter on NE Alberta St. between Pine State Biscuits and Sip Juice Cart.
Hours are: Sun-Thurs 12 pm - 10 pm. Fri and Sat 12 pm - 11 pm.
For to-go beer updates, please follow @greatnotionalberta on IG and check out the IG stories daily.
For large parties, email events [at] greatnotionpdx dot com
After a few years of business, we’ve heard it all and we’ve been listening to you. We have figured out a few key points that are detailed below that work most efficiently in keeping everyone as happy as possible. We never dreamed we would be such a hit, and at busy times its really hard to take care of more people than the building was intended for. Please try to understand and bear with us. Here’s some tips:
• We only have so much beer to package into cans and Crowlers. We’ve got visitors coming in from everywhere and they expect a decent amount of beers on tap to try when they show up. Follow us on Instagram @greatnotionpdx and @greatnotionalberta for updates on packaged beer availability.
• Service dogs only in the dining room. No falcons, snakes, or raccoons. We are dog friendly to friendly dogs that are on leashes. Especially bulldogs.
• If you have brought a small child with you please ask yourself from time to time “Where is my small child and is it behaving?”
• Oregon Cannabis will sneak up on you faster than a glass of Juice Box. We can’t serve you if you’re coming in silly. If you need to smoke anything, please hit the street. Smoke really pisses off the goats next door something fierce.
• Need a shirt or a Teku? Awesome. We will grab it for you. We like to keep it tidy. Just ask. Alternatively, check out our online store here.
• Please no sips, splashes, or “like just a little taste” on our barrel-aged beer. It’s expensive and the barrels don’t help with the rent. Talk to our staff if you are unsure about what to order. We can offer 1-2 samples of IPAs and kettle sours per table if you are unsure still.
• If you are lucky enough to know six or more people, and you are here eating and drinking with them, we will add gratuity to the check. Please limit your table to 2 credit cards. We are going to get you a table, but we need half of the party in the building to seat you. Buy a round for your friends, they will love you more. Large groups cannot be accommodated at separate tables. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT WE SIMPLY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE EXCESSIVELY LARGE PARTIES DURING BUSY TIMES.
• Need to watch an Oregon game or other big sports event ? If it isn’t on, just ask. Those baller TV’s are helpful to us though for our beer menu, so we aren’t going be able to show the archery championship.
• If you need a flight or food your server will get you sorted out at your table. The waiting area next to the brewery is not set up for serving food. You would need a third arm to drink a flight while standing. Don’t yell at the staff for this. People in Portland wait longer for ice cream. Grab yourself a 5 oz pour or two in the meantime.
•The consequences of over-serving a guest or serving a minor can fall on our staff personally. So please understand this if you are asked for your ID. Their continued employment depends on this.
•Thank you. We appreciate your support!